Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Silk dribbling on rooftop

Whenever I get together with my friends, here in Kairouan, it's always the same subject that comes up. There is absolutely nothing fun to do here in this city, no parks, attractions, beautiful spaces. I told one of my friends the fun I had, the other day, just hanging up my cloths on my rooftop to dry. I took it a little further and did some painting on this silk scarf. I find I am most happiest when I am doing and sharing what I know. It's a slower process then what I would like it to be but one step at a time.
 
I have found some wonderful people to help me out with my painting and sewing. I can speak broken arabic just enough to get the point across and make connections. The next big project involves some haggling over the price of fabric, I am not a charismatic fluent speaker. I know if I don't do it, it will never get done. So, in a city where I am still considered a tourist, I need to find my courage and go out to buy fabric.  

 
Adding gold gutta to the peacock feathers

It's a little hard to see the motif at this angle, some turquoise and orange are showing up
Sun & Rooftop this is my happy place


No comments:

Post a Comment