Saturday, January 9, 2016

Clotheslined on Friday When shtf

I can't help but think about all the little things that led up to this day. I was not just a one time event but a combination of events that all came entangled together and the light of the day just eclipsed them at the same time for one heart wrenching moment.

I have a teenage daughter, she made some bad choices not once or twice but many times over. We have talked many times about knowing when your are doing something you should not be doing and have made it so simple that it's undeniable. If you are doing something you have to hid or lie about you should not be doing it. I have also told her in more coded messages as “You will keep making the same mistake until you learn your lesson.” I know that one is a little harder to understand but just as important.

Here I am with my daughter, looking at myself, when I was her age. I wish I could tell my Mom sorry for the many eye rolls I gave her and the blank unresponsive faces. My own agenda written under my skin and countless hours I made her worry. I wish I could tell myself to listen to what she was saying because I was loved. Why didn't I just grab her and hug her tight and tell her how much I love her instead of placing blame. I didn't know she was going to be gone in my life before I was ready to let her go.  Once my Mom wished for me to have a daughter just like me, she said it was because I was such a good daughter but deep down I knew it was more then that. I get it Mom, I am sorry, I love you.

Yesterday, a day of change and a bit of crazy mixed in before the shtf. I went the roof top and cut down the lines to dry my clothes. It's true, I hang everything up in the sun to dry. I hand wash all my dishes too! Gasp, as much as I would love a dryer and dishwasher I kind of like hanging my cloths up in the morning and taking them down in the evening. Sometimes its the only time I can find myself alone in the quiet of the evening. The call of the prayer, sun on my back, sun setting and I get caught in the beauty of taking my clothes down. Grateful for the moment that I shared with the empty space between all of us.

The same can not be said about hand washing dishes, I would love a dishwasher!

What is my next project?  Get my husband to put up the umbrella shaped expandable clothes line. That sound easier then it really is, I am hatching a plan to annoy him for several weeks until he gets the job done. My Mom, bless her, taught me at a young age this valuable lesson. If you want something done, do it yourself, or in the event you can’t - start the job then ask every day, several times a day for the help needed to finish the job. Has not failed me yet, your welcome!



Ironic #clothesline is the one word that sums up my Friday when #shtf

No comments:

Post a Comment